Gens Ace offers great packs at great prices. Really, check them out! Plus, get Free Shipping with us and earn RC Points for even further discounts!
11.1V 3S Lipo packs are the way to go if you’re looking to make your RC car go as fast as it can! They can reach about 60mph just by upgrading the battery alone.
Let’s start with some basics first:
- Be sure that your ESC can handle an 11.1V 3S LiPo battery. Check your ESC manual for this information.
- Be sure that your ESC has Lipo Mode or Low Voltage Detection enabled. This will keep the vehicle from over discharging the LiPo which will damage it. If for some reason your ESC doesn’t have LiPo Detection built in, you can always get the LiPo Alarm. It’s simple. Plug it in to your balance plug on the battery. Press the button to set the alarm voltage (3.4V-3.6V is a good idea). Then it will set off the alarm when a cell in the battery reaches the voltage threshold so you’ll know to stop using your vehicle. We’ll list the Alarm below.
- Only charge your LiPo battery with a LiPo compatible charger. If you don’t, you’ll over charge the battery and it’ll catch fire! It’s a great idea to Charge and Store in LiPo Safe Bags too.
- Lastly, be sure that the LiPo is the correct size for your battery tray.
- Standard tray length for most 1/10 Scale vehicles is about 140mm. Some vehicles have longer battery trays and can accommodate 155mm batteries.
- And standard tray height is about 25mm. Some vehicles can accommodate taller packs straight from the factory, while other vehicles will require an extended battery kit which will allow a taller battery to fit.
- So, simply measure your battery tray and compare it to the size specs of the battery you’re interested in.