Styled to turn heads, from the local bashing spot to the club race track, the TYPHON 6S BLX looks serious, straight from the box.
Designed FAST. At the heart of the TYPHON is the ARRMA 6S 185 BLX brushless system that provides brutal power and blistering top speed.
The TYPHON 6S BLX looks even better up-close and personal with great attention to detail on the decal and body aesthetics.
Standing out from the crowd is easy when you pilot the TYPHON 6S BLX. A super-detailed pre-painted body shell provides increased protection against the elements. Steel driveshafts, durable composite suspension arms and hubs make your journey into wild locations even easier.
Don’t just bash, BLAST. With seemingly endless power on tap, and a superbly set-up chassis, you are assured to have a blast with the TYPHON 6S BLX.
Soaking-up a wide range of surfaces is made easy with the included red anodized adjustable shocks. Factory set to handle everything from fast speed runs to snow and mud chucking, no matter where you choose to bash, these high-quality units will keep you stable and in-control.
With track-inspired handling and super-tough bashing build quality, your TYPHON 6S BLX will put you in control of exhilarating RC driving action, straight from the box. Rip up your local dirt bowl, blast across the mall parking lot OR launch huge jumps at the skate park. The TYPHON 6S BLX can do it all.
A new design rear wing provides the stability required to pilot the TYPON 6S BLX at 60+mph speeds, no matter what the terrain.
Aggressive and hard-wearing dBoots all-terrain tires are mounted on strong black nylon wheels, giving you the traction you need to put the BLX brushless power straight onto your chosen surface. 17mm wheel hex fittings allow the use of a wide range of third party wheel and tire combinations.
Equipped with three metal-geared differential units, as standard, ARRMA understand the importance of durability and control. Easy-access front and rear diff units will allow you to carry-out maintenance in minutes. This means you spend less time wrenching so you can have more time bashing.
Designed to be FAST, designed to be TOUGH. ARRMA want you to progress your RC experience by accessing more power, resulting in faster performance.
With an easy-to-access upgrade path, you can increase the inbuilt potential of your ARRMA vehicle as your skills develop; increasing your performance has never been easier. Follow our dedicated Speed Card information to better understand how you can keep getting faster.
Fully waterproof ESC, steering servo and radio receiver box are standard. This means that hitting the roughest terrains, in the most extreme conditions, will be no problem. Rain, mud, snow, dirt and anything else you want to bash your way through. ARRMA waterproof electronics are ready for action!
ARRMA will support your investment for two years. With our impressive limited warranty helping to keep you running for longer.
- Secure battery mount system holds your batteries in TIGHT.
- Two hook-and-loop straps, fitted perpendicular to each other, provide a secure fit for your batteries. The secure fit means batteries can be safely mounted side-by-side, or one on top of the other.
- The battery tray incorporates a balance plug stowage area. Battery balance plugs are held in place with a rubber strap, keeping them away from rotating parts.
- Wire routing clips fit to the long hook-and-loop strap and keep battery-to-ESC wires away from rotating parts of the model. The front upper brace of the battery adjusts itself to the height of your battery packs.
- The TYPHON 6S BLX features a completely new design body, paint scheme and decals.
- The new design body on the TYPHON 6S BLX has six open vents along the rear section. These encourage air-flow within the body, keeping the electronics running cool when the action heats up.
- Super-detailed decals are pre-applied to the high-quality body shell. The TYPHON 6S BLX looks awesome from any angle.
- The TTX300 radio system offers fast and consistent control for your ARRMA vehicle. Using 2.4Ghz technology, your ARRMA vehicle is controlled by a wheel and trigger style radio transmitter.
- Ideal for new RC users and experienced bashing fans alike. Adjustable steering and throttle trim will allow you to easily tune your control experience to suit your individual needs.
- The TYPHON 6S BLX features an all-new radio box design. ESC and servo wires now pass through a foam seal that slides into the side of the radio box, meaning that these wires stay in place when the lid is removed.
- There is a continuous rubber seal between the radio box base and the lid, protecting the receiver from the elements.
- The radio box also has increased internal volume, allowing more room to fit after market receivers.
- The ADS-15M steering servo benefits from metal gears and is fully waterproof. To provide fast and consistent steering response, the ADS-15M has 208oz-inch (15kg-cm) of torque at 7.2v. At 1.6 x 0.8 x 1.5″ (41 x 20 x 38mm) in size, this high-power steering servo is compact and highly capable.
- Designed TOUGH. With a 3mm thick anodized aluminum chassis, three full-metal geared differentials, beefy suspension components and steel driveshafts throughout, the TYPHON 6S BLX is ready for whatever you can throw at it.
- The gearboxes have been beefed-up; strength has been strategically added in key areas for even more durability.
- Material has been added to the servo mount to increase stiffness in this area, sharpening steering feel.
- The TYPHON 6S BLX has revised front lower suspension arms. Material has been strategically added to increase the strength and improve the durability of these components.
- Heavy-duty 4mm steel shock shafts take big-hits in their stride and offer amazing durability.
- Shock cap protectors fitted to the TYPHON 6S BLX prevent shock cap damage during upside-down moments.
- The shocks on the TYPHON 6S BLX now feature high-quality moulded caps and preload adjusters.
Brushless Speed Controller & Motor
- The included BLX185 150A waterproof ESC provides consistent power control and is 6S LiPo ready.
- Fitted with reliable XT90 connectors and sporting a built-in cooling fan for reduced heat during intense driving action, the BLX185 ESC has over-voltage protection, and a two-stage LiPo cut off for added cell management.
- The fitted 10AWG high-quality wires and 6V BEC unit are combined with a three-mode throttle profile (FWD/REVERSE/BRAKE) to provide the ultimate driving experience.
- Recommended battery specification: 5000mAh – 35C minimum – per battery pack
- The BLX 2050kV brushless motor provides speed and torque and is perfectly balanced for use with our BLX185 ESC unit.
- A beautifully etched black aluminum motor can provides a premium look, whilst a four-pole internal configuration keeps the power supply smooth and consistent.
- Gold bullet connectors allow fast and easy wire removal when you need to clean your vehicle.
- The aluminum motor can provides increased heat dissipation from the finned body section.
- A dual motor shaft flat section provides safe and secure pinion gear fit.
MAX SPEED POSSIBLE 60+mph / 96+km/h
POWER TYPE Brushless
BUILD STATUS RTR
BUILD CONFIGURATION OPTIONS Mid Motor
DRIVE TYPE 4WD
VEHICLE TYPE Buggy
LENGTH 510mm / 20.08″
WHEELBASE 328mm / 12.91″
RIDE HEIGHT 27mm / 1.06″
FRONT WIDTH 310mm / 12.2″
REAR WIDTH 306mm / 12.05″
HEIGHT 190mm / 7.48″
LOCKING DIFFS No
NUMBER OF DIFFERENTIALS 3
WEIGHT (NO BATTERY) 3.27kg / 7lbs 3oz
BATTERY MAX DIMENSIONS 158x48x51mm / 6.22×1.89×2.01″
WARRANTY LEVEL 2 Year Limited
- RTR Typhon Speed Buggy
- 2.4GHz Radio System
- Brushless ESC & Motor
- Painted Body
- Instruction Manual
- Arrma 2 year Limited Warranty
- LiPo Battery: (BATTERY MAX DIMENSIONS 158 x 48 x 51 mm / 6.22 x 1.89 x 2.01 inches)
- Two 2S or Two 3S LiPo Packs with XT90 plugs (5000mAh 35C minimum such as Duratrax 11.1V 5000mAh 35C batteries) OR
- One 4S or One 6S LiPo battery with XT90 Plug
- LiPo compatible Balance charger
- Lipo Safe charging bag
- Four AA Batteries for transmitter
The BLX185 ESC was set from factory to default to a LiPo battery mode.
If any adjustments such as recalibration were made, check to see that the battery mode has not been inadvertently set to NiMH mode.
Follow these steps to verify battery mode:
- Raise the vehicle chassis so that the wheels are not touching anything.
- With the battery or batteries charged and connected to the vehicle’s ESC leads, switch on the transmitter and then switch on the vehicle. If a green LED flashes once the ESC is in LiPo mode. If there is no LED flash on the ESC, and a pulsing noise is made by the motor, the ESC is in NiMH mode. If you intend to use LiPo batteries DO NOT operate ESC in NiMH mode, the batteries may be damaged
To switch ESC from NiMH mode to LiPo mode perform the following steps:
- Connect battery, switch on transmitter, press and hold set button and turn on ESC. The red LED will flash.
- Keep holding set button until green LED flashes. The number of flashes represents the variable number of attributes being programmed.
- To enter the battery mode programming function, release the set button when one green LED flashes.
- Press the set button to change battery mode between LiPo and NiMH. One RED LED flash indicates ESC is set to LiPo mode.
- To save setting, switch ESC off.